We only interview the best candidates and if you are successful, you will enjoy the following benefits:
- Continual professional and personal growth as you learn more about our exciting business
- A paid day off on your birthday!
- A supportive working environment where we value the contribution of our people and are committed to seeing you develop to your full potential.
- A fun working environment where laughter is compulsory and long faces are banned.
A1 Electrical is a leading Electrical company in Otago, based in Dunedin. Our work ranges from residential to light commercial projects including maintenance and new build fit out’s. We are known for our excellent levels of customer service and ability to fix problems that other companies can’t or won’t. As a result, the business has grown and we have decided that it is time to get some help – but we only want the best help! Are you good enough?
We are recruiting for an Office Administrator for a minimum 20 hours per week (times to be negotiated between the successful applicant and Director) who will be responsible for assisting the Director in ensuring all office activities are completed in a timely, accurate and professional manner. You may currently be working for another Electrician or related Trade Business and be looking for a new challenge.
Wherever you currently are, this is what you must be able to do to qualify to work at A1 Electrical:
- Be responsible for Scheduling jobs for the Director and other tradesmen.
- Have knowledge of Accounts Payable and Receivable processing and entering and generating invoices.
- Have excellent customer service skills and phone manner and communicate effectively with clients.
- Communicate effectively with the Director regarding ordering and job progress.
- Ensure all tax obligations are met (GST/PAYE) and pay wages and manage holiday pay.
- Assist with marketing activities (e.g. mailing letters, customer database, social media etc.)
- Strive towards producing high-quality work to an appropriate time frame at all times.
- Have fun enjoy and be proud of what you achieve in your working day.
- Be motivated and help your team to meet timelines and uphold the A1 Electrical professional image.
- Have a minimum of 2 to 3 years experience in the office administration role (for an Electrical or related Trade Business will be an advantage.)
- Be experienced using MYOB and Simpro (ideally or another accounting/point of sale packages such as Xero or Fergus.)
If you DIDN’T ANSWER YES to ALL of the skills above then please don’t apply for this job.
If you think you have what it takes to join the A1 Electrical team, then apply via email with a copy of your CV and a brief covering letter (with a photo) telling us why you are the person for the job.
Applications close on 12/11/2021