Does my home need rewiring?
How do I know whether my home needs to be rewired?
Insulated wires used in homes prior to the 1970’s has been found to deteriorate over the years, resulting in potentially dangerous exposed wires.
Along with the age of your property here are a few indicators that your home may need rewiring…
- Plugs and sockets become hot to touch after or during use
- Discoloured, scorch marks around plugs and sockets
- Fuses blowing or circuit breakers tripping regularly for no reason
- Flickering lights and blown bulbs
Why should I rewire my home?
Older wiring can cause a number of problems in your home, including blown fuses, blown light bulbs, damaged appliances and in the worst case scenario, electrocution and fire.
Often you will need to provide proof that your home has been rewired if you are seeking insurance, applying for a home loan, selling your property, or renting it out.
If you have any concerns,
. It’s better to be safe, than sorry!